1. Integrate the concepts and principles of community health nursing in the assessment of the health needs, planning, implementation and evaluation of health promotive programs.
2. Determine the critical roles and functions of a community health nurse that can be applied during exposure in the adopted barangay.
3. Identify the characteristics of Prinary Health Care that is vital in the implementation of health programs in the community.
4. Develop the skills of a community health nurse as comprehensive, continual and not episodic.
1. NATIONAL HEALTH PLAN AND HEALTH SCENARIO
2. COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSING (CHN)
2.2 Philosophy, Goals and Objectives
2.3 Principles of CHN
2.4 Factors Affecting Community Health
2.5 Roles and Functions of Community Health Nurse
3. PRIMARY HEALTH CARE (PHC)
3.1 Mission and Vision
3.2 Basic Principles
3.4 Traditional Health Care vs PHC
3.5 PHC and Health Practice
4. STUDENT ACTIVITIES IN COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSING
Bailon, Reyes, S.G. Community Health Nursing. The Basics of Practice 1st Ed. Quezon City, Philippines. 2006
David, E., et al. Community Health Nursing. An Approach to Families and Population Groups. Merriam & Webster Bookstore, Inc. Manila, Philippines. 2007
Jimenez, Sr. Carmen E. Community Organizing Participatory Action Research (CO-PAR) for Community Health Development 4th Ed. SynerAide Research and Publications. Antipolo City, Philippines. 2006
Maglaya. Araceli S. Nursing Practice in the Philippines 4th Ed. Agonauta Corporation, Marikina City, Philippines. 2005
Cuevas, FP., et al. Public Health Nursing in the Philippines, National League of Philippine Government Nurses, Inc., Manila, Philippines. 2007